Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Volunteer


Okay I had enough of watching and feeling helpless;
I am ready to attack these ugly visions;
I am desperate to destroy that which is so senseless;
And embrace changes while I shout “no more divisions.”

Everyone watches how the mistreatment,
Of fellow beings just like ourselves,
Goes on and on, but yet we fail to make a commitment;
To stand up and stop it from happening to anyone else.

We are all just part of one humanity; we are not black, white, brown or anything;
We are part of each other despite the vanity, wanting to distance ourselves from our reality;
It’s neither our sexual preference nor political affiliation if we really stop to think;
That makes us who we are, where we come from, where we are heading, or what is sanity.

It is you in front of me and me in front of you without the barriers;
It is us as children, sons, daughters, brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers;
We are all in this together, so please stop following the haters;
And join us in trying to help each other and do what really matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home